A global online club has been launched on LinkedIn for leaders, partners/directors, managers and employees working for professional firms, together with members and employees of professional bodies. Professions Global is intended as a 'safe harbour' from time wasters and spammers. We welcome everyone that meets the MPF definition of a professional.
Professionals whose products & services are based on professional expertise rather than on discrete products or commodities. To qualify, 80% of a person's core activity must require specialist knowledge of a subject, field or science, AND satisfy at least FOUR of the following SIX criteria:
- Involves higher level education and usually a formal qualification.
- Regulated by a professional body, licensing authority or similar.
- Has an ethical code of practice with a public service dimension.
- Does not derive significant financial benefit from service or product providers that are recommended.
- Services can be infrequent, technical or unique.
- Selection is usually based on a mix of skill, knowledge, reputation, ethics and creativity.