Wednesday 19 June 2019
Our presenter, Janet Gaymer, has built and sustained talent at both professional firms and in the public sector. Her insights include:
- Explain the purpose of the business to your people and stress that you are there to help them implement it;
- Set clear expectations on expected performance;
- Talk less and listen more - ideally speak for no more than 10% of the time - mainly to ask questions;
- Treat people nicely as this need not have a financial cost;
- Encourage people to grow and welcome their ideas;
- Set aside ego and empower your people.